- Training of Trainers scheduled under National Certification Programme for Rooftop Solar Photovoltaic Installer. 08 Mar - 19 Mar 2016.
- Notification for Summer Internship Program-2016
- GERMI is organizing Comprehensive Technical Workshop on Fundamentals of Seismic Data Interpretation – Basics to Advanced from 15th to 20th February, 2016 at Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- E–Course: Design of Wastewater Treatment Units 26th Jan 2016.
- Query for Consultancy of Solar PV Power Plant
- Notification for M.Tech/MS Projects at GERMI
- GERMI Project Fellow Scheme »
- GERMI has initiated various schemes for scientists and research fellows »
Till date GERMI has trained a total of 1100+ professionals, participants have given excellent feedbacks on all parameters of training like content and materials, instructors, registration process and facilities
About the Training and Development Centre
Training is one of the mandates of GERMI. The Training & Development Centre was envisioned in a backdrop of a substantial gap between the demand and supply for targeted and effective training programs in the emerging energy sector. Hence, a strong case for a world-class training centre in terms of knowledge base, training structure and infrastructure facilities was realized.
Training Programs at the Centre are structured to reflect the most relevant needs of the industry. Each program seeks to focus on new developments and latest trends in technical and managerial practices in specific areas.
Over a period of time, the various training programs at GERMI have evolved from the expertise gained by GERMI team by involving in various applied research and consultancy projects. GERMI currently is amongst the best training imparters in the energy domains both non-renewable & renewable energy.
- Impart value-added skills in professionals to:
• Assess qualitative and quantitative parameters,
• Articulate, position and help integrate relevant interventions for improved decision-making through appropriate tools, technologies, policies, plans, programmes and projects,
• Ensure compliance with performance standards and benchmarks for continual improvements,
• Forecast and adopt optimization pathways.
- Some of the principal areas are:
• Total energy value chain including process upgradation,
• SWOT of locally adapted energy systems,
• Indicators, remediation and preventive management.
- These are aligned with the essentials of energy production, extraction and use including impacts management at the local, national, regional and global levels. These are aimed at comprehensive human and institution development to sustain progress.
Training Module Framework
- The Training & Development Centre follows the following training module framework in order to ensure a comprehensive learning forum.
• Public/Open Courses
• Customized In-house Training Courses
• Integrated Certified Programmes
• Accredited Certified Programmes
• Statutory Training Programmes
• International Programmes on Energy Management and Education
Infrastructure & Training Resources
- State-of-the-art training facilities with technical equipments and simulators for technical and operational courses.
- Regularly updated library with access to books on technology and online journals.
- Fully equipped computer centres with PC’s, laptops and internet facilities.
- Air conditioned rooms and auditoriums with seating capacity of 150 participants.
- State-of-the-art audio-visual and teleconferencing equipment.
The centre boasts of a highly qualified and experienced training faculty who have domain expertise in the areas of their respective training modules. As a matter of policy, the centre is responsible to develop faculty from experts available within the country.
Training methods include lectures, cases, seminars, group discussions, business games, role plays, simulations, exercises, hands-on experiments, structured and unstructured group work with field visits, and tests.
Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute
1st Floor, Energy Building
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University Campus
Raisan, Gandhinagar – 382007, GUJARAT.