- Training of Trainers scheduled under National Certification Programme for Rooftop Solar Photovoltaic Installer. 08 Mar - 19 Mar 2016.
- Notification for Summer Internship Program-2016
- GERMI is organizing Comprehensive Technical Workshop on Fundamentals of Seismic Data Interpretation – Basics to Advanced from 15th to 20th February, 2016 at Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- E–Course: Design of Wastewater Treatment Units 26th Jan 2016.
- Query for Consultancy of Solar PV Power Plant
- Notification for M.Tech/MS Projects at GERMI
- GERMI Project Fellow Scheme »
- GERMI has initiated various schemes for scientists and research fellows »
Sterling & Wilson Pvt. Ltd. and Gujarat Energy Research & Management Institute (GERMI) have launched an “Industry – Institute Research Program” that aims to contribute to the “National Skills Development Programme” promulgated by the Government of India. GERMI has initiated this enterprise to encourage Master/ Post-graduate students to obtain industry exposure at an early stage of their career building process. SW and GERMI have undertaken this initiative to encourage Institute – Industrytransition and while doing so SW will be sponsoring internship programs for the students.
About the Organization:
SW is an Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC) company working in the solar photovoltaic market in India and abroad. It is keen on expanding it’s research propositions and implementations relevant to their industry.
GERMI is a centre of excellence in industry learning and has been set up to develop human resource assets to cater to the energy and allied sectors, improve knowledge base of policy makers and technologists and provide a competitive edge to leaders to compete in the global arena.
Areas of research shall include (broadly):
- Smart Grid Infrastructure that includes but not limited to demand response, micro and mini grids, forecasting and scheduling of solar power, solar-diesel-wind-battery-grid hybrid systems, etc.
- Battery Technology that includes but not limited to research (both fundamental and applied) on advanced storage system in order to integrate larger quantities of renewable energy with the grid
Eligibility of Students:
- Three students shall be selected
- Eligible students, who have completed graduation (Master’s Degree/ Postgraduate with Merit – between grade A+ and B-) will be selected to undergo this internship program
- Duration of the program will besix months at the end of which SW has the option to induct the students into their workforce
- Student should be available to spend sixmonths at GERMI office. (Leaves during the training will be NOT entertained)
- Stipend for each student will beINR 20,000 per month which will be disbursed by GERMI on a monthly basis to the students out of the research grant contributed by SW
- GERMI staff will provide guidance and support, essential to carry out the internship project smoothly
- Students will be given internet connectivity to carry out their research work (students are requested to use their own laptop computers)
- Based on the work assigned to each student, they may also be required to travel. GERMI-SW will support their travel as and when the need arises.
- Students will have to make their own arrangements for stay, food and daily transportation on their own. GERMI/PDPU campus has a cafeteria and mess.
- For outstation students - accommodation services are available at the PDPU campus separately for boys and girls.GERMI office will coordinate with PDPU to provide accommodation on payment basis. Present charges of shared accommodation are Rs.5000/- per month per person.Those selected candidates who need accommodation need to pay one month advance. Interested students may contact GERMI office for more details.
- Students will have to make their own arrangement for local transportation and food
- Students will have to send to us their latest Resumé and a cover letter, specifically mentioning which topic they would be interested in to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Along with the Resumé and cover letter, the students will be assessed on the basis of an essay – “Why are Smart Grids important to India’s power distribution and transmission companies. Explain your answer using technical and financial justifications”. The essay should not exceed 500 words. [Single line spacing – Calibri (Body) – font size 12]
- The candidature will be selected by GERMI through a specialized screening process. The process will include the following steps:
- Screening of Resumé
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
- Post screening - A final list of students short listed for group discussion and personal interviews will be put up by 31st March 2017 on the GERMI website
- The Group Discussion and Personal Interviews will be held on 13th April 2017 (10:30am to 4pm)
- The internship will commence on 1st May 2017 (students may join till 6th May 2017 in case of an emergency)
Interested students may submit the online application by 25th March 2017 no later than 6:30pm. No relaxations on deadlines will be exercised.
Other Important Notes/Instructions:
- Online applications will have to be sent ONLY to email@example.com for the candidature to be considered
- Post can be sent to - Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute (GERMI), First Floor, Energy Building, PDPU campus, Raysan, Gujarat, India - 382421
- All students are considered as guest researchers and are subject to GERMI’s regulations with regard to internship eligibility, facility access, professional conduct etc.
- The ability to work without supervision in a careful and conscientious manner is essential
- The selected students will have to sign an undertaking with GERMI, on IPR to the effect that he/she will have no right/claim on the report submitted by him/her to GERMI and SW
- The students should also give a declaration that he/she will maintain complete secrecy and shall not use for any other purpose any information of confidential nature that might come to his/her knowledge during the period of internship
- All the students will need to submit a report at the end of the internship program, on the research activities carried out at GERMI, duly signed by their project guide at GERMI
- For any further queries contact – Mr. Akhilesh Magal (firstname.lastname@example.org)