It gives us great pleasure welcoming you to the Solar Professional Workshop, a 5-day comprehensive workshop on Solar Photovoltaic Design, Technology and Application, jointly conducted by Gujarat Energy Research & Management Institute (GERMI) and Underwriters Laboratories (UL). The workshop is scheduled on 16 - 20 July, 2012 at Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Date and Venue
Course Date: 16 - 20 July, 2012
21 July, 2012. Complimentary site visit to Narmada Canal Solar Project
Course Venue: Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University
Raisan Village, Gandhinagar- 382 007
The workshop would be conducted in a ‘participative mode’ wherein each session builds upon the other. Topics covered during the course duration are:
- Introduction to Solar Energy and Fundamentals of PV
- In depth knowledge of Photovoltaic Plant Components
- Detailed PV design principles for Off-Grid and Grid-Tied Power Plants
- Switchyard, Metering and Plant SCADA
- Standards & compliances
- Best Practices & Trouble shooting
- Hands On: PV components & instruments, Site Survey, Electrical Design, erection, commissioning & inspection
- Hands-on Training on PV Syst (Designing Software)
- Comprehensive Project Management through various Case Studies and sessions on project economics, overview of policies, Overview of field performance of different technologies in India
- Learning through field visit of State-of-the-Art PDPU 1 MW power plant and Narmada Canal Project.
- Interactive Question and Answer Session with Industry Veterans.
- In-depth knowledge of basics, various components of a photovoltaic power plant such as photovoltaic module, inverters, charge controllers, batteries, switchyard, SCADA, structures, and so on
- Photovoltaic system types, design philosophy, principles, calculations and examples
- Hands-On: site survey tools, weather measurements, rooftop photovoltaic system installation
- PV Syst: Comprehensive learning of an industry standard software
- Project Management, economics and finance of projects, solar policies.
- Site visit and study: (i) State- of –the-art 1 MW multi technology Photovoltaic power plant at PDP University and (ii) acclaimed 1 MW Narmada Canal Solar project.
Who should attend?
This intensive technical workshop is designed to build capacities in organizations, senior administrative and managerial officials, policy makers etc. from private or government organizations working in the field of renewable energy.
The fee per participant is INR. 42,000/- (plus 12.36% service tax). The workshop fee includes technical contents, participant kit, field visit; day time snacks and lunch for the course duration.
The fee does NOT include dinner and accommodation.
Payment towards the course fee can be made through demand draft / cheque drawn in favor of “Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute” payable at Gandhinagar. Bank transfer facility is also available.
Important Note (1): All participants are kindly requested to bring along a laptop computer as they will be taught a computer simulation programme in one of the sessions.
Important Note (2): Complementary site visit to Narmada Canal Solar Project is scheduled on the 6th day (i.e. 21st July 2012) pre lunch hours.
Government/ PSU employees and students would be offered 10% discounts on the course fee and group concessions will not be applicable to them. Concessions would also be offered to Private Organizations nominating participation in groups.
|Number of participants||Concessions||Fee per participant
(INR 42,000/- plus 12.36% service tax)
1 to 2
3 to 5
6 to 10
The deadline to receive completed registration form along with course fee is 12th July, 2012. While seats will be available on first-come-first-served basis
GERMI has negotiated discounted rates with the following nearby hotels, including complementary breakfasts, and airport pick-up/drop facilities with some. Participants are requested to make accommodation on their own; however, please feel free to contact us for any assistance. Pick up and drop between Gandhinagar hotels and programme venue would be arranged by GERMI. Please feel free to contact Mr. Bhavik Gajjar, Admin Dept-GERMI (Email: email@example.com Mob: +91 9925119940) for booking assistance.
(Rs. Per Night)
|Complimentary Breakfast||Airport |
Pick-up / Drop-off
|Distance from Venue|
|Fortune Inn Haveli||www.fortunehotels.in||Single : 2,800/- |
Double : 3,200/-
|Haveli Inn||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org||Single: 750/- |
Double, AC: 832/-
*Note: The indicated rates are negotiated by GERMI and are subject to the availability of rooms. The hotels may change their rates without notification to GERMI, and hence may not be reflected here. GERMI does not take any liability towards the indicated or actual rates of the hotels.
Ms. Narinderjit Kaur Sethi
Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute
1st Floor, Energy Building,
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University Campus
Raisan Village, Gandhinagar – 382007, GUJARAT.
Phone: +91-79-23275370, +91-8141800167
About the Organizers:
The Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute (GERMI) is a centre for excellence in industry learning, research & development, and education. GERMI is set up to develop human resource assets to cater to the renewable and non-renewable energy sectors, improve knowledge base of policy makers and technologists, and provide a competitive edge to leaders to compete in the global arena. GERMI is promoted by the Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation (GSPC) Ltd., an undertaking of the Gujarat Government. GERMI is designated as a Scientific and Research Organization (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Govt. of India.
Underwriters Laboratory (UL) is a premier global safety science company with more than 100 years of proven history. Employing nearly 9,000 professionals in 46 countries, UL is evolving the future of safety with five distinct business units – Product Safety, Environment, Life & Health, Verification and Knowledge Services. UL’s mission is to promote safe living and working environments by the application of safety science, hazard-based safety engineering and support the production also use of products which are physically and environmentally safe and to apply our efforts to prevent or reduce loss of life and property. Underwriters Laboratories partners with manufacturers to provide safe products to consumers through UL testing, certification, follow-up audit and to meet the expanding needs of customers and the global public. For more information on UL’s family of companies and network of 95 laboratory, testing and certification facilities. Visit www.ul.com to learn more!