- GERMI is organizing its 12th Solar Power Professional Workshop - A Comprehensive Course in Solar Photovoltaic Design, Technology and Application from 25th to 30th July, 2016 at Gandhinagar, Gujarat. »
- Notification for recruitment for E&EERW »
- Notification for WALK-IN-INTERVIEW ON 1st July, 2016 at 10:00 AM at GERMI »
- Invitation of Applications for M.Tech Project Students at GERMI
- E–Course: Design of Wastewater Treatment Units 26th Jan 2016.
- Query for Consultancy of Solar PV Power Plant
- GERMI Project Fellow Scheme »
- GERMI has initiated various schemes for scientists and research fellows »
GERMI is organizing its 13th Solar Power Professional Workshop - A Comprehensive Course in Solar Photovoltaic Design, Technology and Application from 22nd to 27th May, 2017 at Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
It gives us great pleasure inviting you to the Solar Power Professional Workshop, a 6-day Comprehensive Workshop on Solar Photovoltaic Design, Technology Application, conducted and organized by Gujarat Energy Research & Institute (GERMI). The workshop is scheduled from 22nd to 27th May, 2017 at Gandhinagar Gujarat.
Date and Venue
22nd to 27th May, 2017
Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute
1st Floor, Energy Building,
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University Campus, Raisan,
Gandhinagar - 382007 Gujarat, India.
The workshop will be conducted in a ‘participative mode’ wherein each session builds upon the previous. Topics covered during the course duration will be:
- Fundamentals of solar energy
- PV plant and system design principles, engineering and construction
- Performance study of solar PV projects
- Industry-standard software training
- Project finance, economics and policy environment
- Extensive hands-on training and field visits
- In-depth knowledge of basics, various components of a photovoltaic power plant such as photovoltaic modules, inverters, charge controllers, batteries, switchyard, SCADA, structures, and so on.
- Photovoltaic system types, design philosophy, principles, examples and calculations.
- Hands-On: site survey tools, weather measurements, photovoltaic system installation.
- PV Syst: Comprehensive learning of an industry-standard software.
- Project management, economics and finance of projects, solar policies.
- Visit to PV module manufacturing unit and witnessing of module testing.
- Site visit and study of a MW-scale PV Power Plant.
Who should attend?
- Senior administrators and decision makers in the private and public sectors, and governments.
- Photovoltaic design and project engineers.
- Entrepreneurs exploring the field and value chain of solar energy.
- Professionals from stakeholder industries such as banking, accounting, architecture, etc.
The fee per participant is INR. 48,000/- (plus Service Tax as applicable). The workshop fee includes technical content, participant kit, field visits; day time snacks and lunch for the course duration.
The fee does NOT include dinner, accommodation and logistics.
Payment towards the course fee can be made through demand draft / cheque drawn in favor of “Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute” payable at Gandhinagar. Bank transfer facility is also available. Details given is Registration Form.
- All participants are kindly requested to bring along a laptop computer as they will be taught a computer simulation programme as a part of the training.
Concessions would be offered to Private Organizations nominating participation in groups. Government/ PSU employees and full time students would be offered 10% discounts on the course fee and group concessions will not be applicable to them.
|Number of participants||Concessions||Fee per participant
(INR 48,000/- plus service tax)
|1 to 2||None||48,000/- + S. Tax (as applicable)|
|3 to 5||5%||45,600/- + S. Tax (as applicable)|
|6 to 10||10%||43,200/- + S. Tax (as applicable)|
The deadline to receive completed registration form along with course fee is 10th May, 2017. Seats will be available on first-come-first-served basis.
GERMI has negotiated discounted rates with nearby hotels, including complementary breakfasts, and airport pick-up/drop facilities with some hotels. Participants are requested to arrange for accommodation on their own at the earliest.
Please feel free to contact Ms. Sandhya Radhakrishnan, Admin Dept-GERMI (Email: Sandhya.email@example.com ; Mob: +91 8141800172) for booking related any assistance.
Ms. Krupali Mehta
Officer - Training
Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute
1st Floor, Energy Building
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University Campus
Raisan, Gandhinagar – 382007, GUJARAT.
Phone: +91-75670 23831, +91-79-23275361
About the Organizers:
Gujarat Energy Research & Management Institute (GERMI) is a centre of excellence in industry learning and is set up to develop human resource assets to cater to the renewable and nonrenewable energy sectors alike, improve knowledge base of policy-makers and technologists, and provide a competitive edge to leaders to compete in the global arena. GERMI is a:
- Non-profit autonomous body under the Government of Gujarat, promoted by Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation (GSPC), a Government of Gujarat undertaking.
- Registered Society and Trust under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 and the Bombay Trust Act, 1950, respectively.
- Recognized Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by the Department of Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Government of India.
- Schedule-I Environment Auditor recognized by the Gujarat Pollution Control Board (GPCB) and an Energy Auditor Consultant recognized by the Gujarat Energy Development Agency (GEDA).
- Skill Council for Green Jobs (SCGJ) has recognized GERMI as a Centre of Excellence to foster development of skilled manpower in all sectors covered by SCGJ.