- GERMI is organizing its 12th Solar Power Professional Workshop - A Comprehensive Course in Solar Photovoltaic Design, Technology and Application from 25th to 30th July, 2016 at Gandhinagar, Gujarat. »
- Notification for recruitment for E&EERW »
- Notification for WALK-IN-INTERVIEW ON 1st July, 2016 at 10:00 AM at GERMI »
- Invitation of Applications for M.Tech Project Students at GERMI
- E–Course: Design of Wastewater Treatment Units 26th Jan 2016.
- Query for Consultancy of Solar PV Power Plant
- GERMI Project Fellow Scheme »
- GERMI has initiated various schemes for scientists and research fellows »
GERMI is organizing its 12th Solar Power Professional Workshop - A Comprehensive Course in Solar Photovoltaic Design, Technology and Application from 17th to 22nd October, 2016 at Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
It gives us great pleasure inviting you to the Solar Power Professional Workshop, a 6-day Comprehensive Workshop on Solar Photovoltaic Design, Technology and Application, conducted and organized by Gujarat Energy Research & Management Institute (GERMI). The workshop is scheduled from 17th to 22nd October, 2016 at Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Date and Venue
17th to 22nd October, 2016
Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute
1st Floor, Energy Building,
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University Campus, Raisan,
Gandhinagar - 382007 Gujarat, India.
The workshop will be conducted in a ‘participative mode’ wherein each session builds upon the previous. Topics covered during the course duration will be:
- Fundamentals of solar energy
- PV plant and system design principles, engineering and construction
- Performance study of solar PV projects
- Industry-standard software training
- Project finance, economics and policy environment
- Extensive hands-on training and field visits
- In-depth knowledge of basics, various components of a photovoltaic power plant such as photovoltaic modules, inverters, charge controllers, batteries, switchyard, SCADA, structures, and so on.
- Photovoltaic system types, design philosophy, principles, examples and calculations.
- Hands-On: site survey tools, weather measurements, photovoltaic system installation.
- PV Syst: Comprehensive learning of an industry-standard software.
- Project management, economics and finance of projects, solar policies.
- Visit to PV module manufacturing unit and witnessing of module testing.
- Site visit and study of a MW-scale PV Power Plant.
Who should attend?
- Senior administrators and decision makers in the private and public sectors, and governments.
- Photovoltaic design and project engineers.
- Entrepreneurs exploring the field and value chain of solar energy.
- Professionals from stakeholder industries such as banking, accounting, architecture, etc.
The fee per participant is INR. 48,000/- (plus 15% service tax). The workshop fee includes technical content, participant kit, field visits; day time snacks and lunch for the course duration.
The fee does NOT include dinner and accommodation.
Payment towards the course fee can be made through demand draft / cheque drawn in favor of “Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute” payable at Gandhinagar. Bank transfer facility is also available.
- All participants are kindly requested to bring along a laptop computer as they will be taught a computer simulation programme as a part of the training.
Concessions would be offered to Private Organizations nominating participation in groups. Government/ PSU employees and full time students would be offered 10% discounts on the course fee and group concessions will not be applicable to them.
|Number of participants||Concessions||Fee per participant
(INR 48,000/- plus 15% service tax)
|1 to 2||None||55,200/-|
|3 to 5||5%||52,440/-|
|6 to 10||10%||49,680/-|
The deadline to receive completed registration form along with course fee is 4th October, 2016. Seats will be available on first-come-first-served basis.
GERMI has negotiated discounted rates with the following nearby hotels, including complementary breakfasts, and airport pick-up/drop facilities with some. Participants are requested to arrange for accommodation on their own; however, please feel free to contact us for any assistance. Pick up and drop between Gandhinagar hotels and programme venue would be arranged by GERMI. Please feel free to contact Ms. Sandhya Radhakrishnan, Admin Dept-GERMI (Email: Sandhya.email@example.com ; Mob: +91 8141800172) for booking assistance.
(Rs. per Night)
|Airport Pickup/Drop-off||Distance from the venue|
|Fortune Inn Haveli||
Plot No. 235, Sector-11
Gujarat – 382 011
Mr. Nagendra Singh
(Inclusive of taxes + complimentary BF + one major meal )
(On chargeable basis @500 per way)
Next to S. V. P. International Airport,
Ahmedabad – 382 475
Mr. R. P. Gupta,
Rates applicable of taxes (only BF Complimentary)
Rates Inclusive of taxes + complimentary BF + one major meal Deluxe
|Hotel Isher International||
Block C, Swagat Rainforest Complex-I,
Opp. City Pulse,
Airport - Gandhinagar Road,
Gandhinagar - 382421 Gujarat.
Mr. Laxman Singh,
(Inclusive of all taxes + Complimentary BF)
(on chargeable basis)
- Participants are encouraged to book their rooms at the earliest as the availability may be limited.
- The indicated rates are negotiated by GERMI and are subject to the availability of rooms. The hotels may change their rates without notification to GERMI, and hence may not be reflected here. GERMI does not take any liability towards the indicated or actual rates of the hotels.
Ms. Narinderjit Kaur Sethi
Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute
1st Floor, Energy Building
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University Campus
Raisan, Gandhinagar – 382007, GUJARAT.
Phone: +91-79-23275370, +91-8141800167
About the Organizers:
The Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute (GERMI), an ISO 9001: 2008 certified institute, is a centre for excellence in industry learning, research & development, and education. GERMI is set up to develop human resource assets to cater to the renewable and non-renewable energy sectors, improve knowledge base of policy makers and technologists, and provide a competitive edge to leaders to compete in the global arena. GERMI is promoted by Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation (GSPC) Ltd., an undertaking of the Gujarat Government. GERMI is designated as a Scientific and Research Organization (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Govt. of India.