25th Feb. to 2nd March 2013
It gives us great pleasure welcoming you to the Solar Power Professional Workshop, a 6-day comprehensive workshop on Solar Photovoltaic Design, Technology and Application, conducted and organized by Gujarat Energy Research & Management Institute (GERMI). The workshop is scheduled on 25th Feb. to 2nd Mar., 2013 at Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Date and Venue
Course Date: 25th Feb. to 2nd Mar., 2013
Course Venue: Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University Campus
Raisan, Gandhinagar- 382 007
The workshop would be conducted in a ‘participative mode’ wherein each session builds upon the other. Topics covered during the course duration will be:
- Fundamentals of solar energy;
- PV plant and system design principles with examples;
- Performance study of solar PV projects;
- Industry-standard software training;
- Project finance, economics and policy environment;
- Extensive hands-on training and field visits.
- In-depth knowledge of basics, various components of a photovoltaic power plant such as photovoltaic modules, inverters, charge controllers, batteries, switchyard, SCADA, structures, and so on.
- Photovoltaic system types, design philosophy, principles, calculations and examples.
- Hands-On: site survey tools, weather measurements, rooftop photovoltaic system installation.
- PV Syst: Comprehensive learning of an industry-standard software.
- Project Management, economics and finance of projects, solar policies.
- Site visit and study: (i) State- of –the-art 1 MW multi technology Photovoltaic power plant at PDP University and (ii) acclaimed 1 MW Narmada Canal Solar project.
Who should attend?
- Senior Administrators and Decision Makers in the Private and Public Sectors, and Governments;
- Photovoltaic Design and Project Engineers;
- Entrepreneurs Exploring the Field and Value Chain of Solar Energy;
- Professionals from Stakeholder Industries such as Banking, Accounting, Architecture, etc.
The fee per participant is INR. 42,000/- (plus 12.36% service tax). The workshop fee includes technical contents, participant kit, field visit; day time snacks and lunch for the course duration.
The fee does NOT include dinner and accommodation.
Payment towards the course fee can be made through demand draft / cheque drawn in favor of “Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute” payable at Gandhinagar. Bank transfer facility is also available.
(1): All participants are kindly requested to bring along a laptop computer as they will be taught a computer simulation programme as a part of the training.
(2): Complementary site visit to Narmada Canal Solar Project is scheduled on the 6th day (i.e. 02nd March 2013) till post lunch hours.
Concessions would be offered to Private Organizations nominating participation in groups. Government/ PSU employees and students would be offered 10% discounts on the course fee and group concessions will not be applicable to them.
Number of participants
Fee per participant
1 to 2
3 to 5
6 to 10
The deadline to receive completed registration form along with course fee is 18th February, 2013. While seats will be available on first-come-first-served basis
GERMI has negotiated discounted rates with the following nearby hotels, including complementary breakfasts, and airport pick-up/drop facilities with some. Participants are requested to arrange for accommodation on their own; however, please feel free to contact us for any assistance. Pick up and drop between Gandhinagar hotels and programme venue would be arranged by GERMI. Please feel free to contact Ms. Sandhya Radhakrishnan, Admin Dept-GERMI (Email: Sandhya.firstname.lastname@example.org ; Mob: +91 8141800172) for booking assistance.
(Rs. Per Night)
|Complimentary Breakfast||Airport |
Pick-up / Drop-off
|Distance from Venue|
|www.fortunehotels.in||Single: 3,000/- |
|Hotel Haveli Inn||Email: email@example.com||Single : 936/- |
Double AC: 1125/-
*Note: The indicated rates are negotiated by GERMI and are subject to the availability of rooms. The hotels may change their rates without notification to GERMI, and hence may not be reflected here. GERMI does not take any liability towards the indicated or actual rates of the hotels.
Contact InformationMs. Narinderjit Kaur Sethi
Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute
1st Floor, Energy Building,
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University Campus
Raisan Village, Gandhinagar – 382007, GUJARAT.
Phone: +91-79-23275370, +91-8141800167
About the Organizers:
The Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute (GERMI) an ISO 9001: 2008 certified institute, is a centre for excellence in industry learning, research & development, and education. GERMI is set up to develop human resource assets to cater to the renewable and non-renewable energy sectors, improve knowledge base of policy makers and technologists, and provide a competitive edge to leaders to compete in the global arena. GERMI is promoted by the Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation (GSPC) Ltd., an undertaking of the Gujarat Government. GERMI is designated as a Scientific and Research Organization (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Govt. of India.