20th to 25th May, 2013
It gives us great pleasure welcoming you to the Solar Power Professional Workshop, a 6-day comprehensive workshop on Solar Photovoltaic Design, Technology and Application, conducted and organized by Gujarat Energy Research & Management Institute (GERMI). The workshop is scheduled on 20th to 25th May, 2013 at Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
Date and Venue
Course Date: 20th to 25th May, 2013
The Square Hyderabad
6-3-870 Green Lands APTDC
Paryatak Bhavan Begumpet,
Hyderabad- 500 016
Andhra Pradesh, India
The workshop would be conducted in a ‘participative mode’ wherein each session builds upon the other. Topics covered during the course duration will be:
- Fundamentals of solar energy
- PV plant and system design principles with examples
- Performance study of solar PV projects
- Industry-standard software training
- Project finance, economics and policy environment
- Extensive hands-on training and field visits
- In-depth knowledge of basics, various components of a photovoltaic power plant such as photovoltaic modules, inverters, charge controllers, batteries, switchyard, SCADA, structures, and so on.
- Photovoltaic system types, design philosophy, principles, examples and calculations.
- Hands-On: site survey tools, weather measurements, photovoltaic system installation.
- PV Syst: Comprehensive learning of an industry-standard software.
- Project management, economics and finance of projects, solar policies.
- Visit to PV module manufacturing unit and witnessing of module testing.
- Site visit and study of a MW-scale PV Power Plant.
Who should attend?
- Senior Administrators and Decision Makers in the Private and Public Sectors, and Governments;
- Photovoltaic Design and Project Engineers;
- Entrepreneurs Exploring the Field and Value Chain of Solar Energy;
- Professionals from Stakeholder Industries such as Banking, Accounting, Architecture, etc.
The fee per participant is INR. 48,000/- (plus 12.36% service tax). The workshop fee includes technical content, participant kit, field visits; day time snacks and lunch for the course duration.
The fee does NOT include dinner and accommodation.
Payment towards the course fee can be made through demand draft / cheque drawn in favor of “Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute” payable at Gandhinagar. Bank transfer facility is also available.
(1) All participants are kindly requested to bring along a laptop computer as they will be taught a computer simulation programme as a part of the training.
Concessions would be offered to Private Organizations nominating participation in groups. Government/ PSU employees and full time students would be offered 10% discounts on the course fee and group concessions will not be applicable to them.
Number of participants
Fee per participant
1 to 2
3 to 5
6 to 10
The deadline to receive completed registration form along with course fee is 15th May, 2013. While seats will be available on first-come-first-served basis
GERMI has negotiated discounted rates with the following hotel(s), and the rates include complementary breakfasts, and dinner buffet. Accommodation is not included in the workshop fee, and should be managed independently by the participant. Please contact Ms. Renuka, Executive at the Square Hotel (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mob: +91 9666703074) for reservations and availing discounted rates for hotel rooms.
(Rs. Per Night)
|The Square Hyderabad|| |
6-3-870 Green Lands, APTDC Paryatak Bhavan
*Note: 1) Participants are encouraged to book their rooms at the earliest as the availability may be limited. 2) The indicated rates are negotiated by GERMI and are subject to the availability of rooms. The hotels may change their rates without notification to GERMI, and hence may not be reflected here. GERMI does not take any liability towards the indicated or actual rates of the hotels.
Contact InformationMs. Narinderjit Kaur Sethi
Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute
1st Floor, Energy Building,
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University Campus
Raisan Village, Gandhinagar – 382007, GUJARAT.
Phone: +91-79-23275370, +91-8141800167
About the Organizers:
The Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute (GERMI) an ISO 9001: 2008 certified institute, is a centre for excellence in industry learning, research & development, and education. GERMI is set up to develop human resource assets to cater to the renewable and non-renewable energy sectors, improve knowledge base of policy makers and technologists, and provide a competitive edge to leaders to compete in the global arena. GERMI is promoted by the Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation (GSPC) Ltd., an undertaking of the Gujarat Government. GERMI is designated as a Scientific and Research Organization (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Govt. of India.