- Training of Trainers scheduled under National Certification Programme for Rooftop Solar Photovoltaic Installer. 08 Mar - 19 Mar 2016.
- Notification for Summer Internship Program-2016
- GERMI is organizing Comprehensive Technical Workshop on Fundamentals of Seismic Data Interpretation – Basics to Advanced from 15th to 20th February, 2016 at Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- E–Course: Design of Wastewater Treatment Units 26th Jan 2016.
- Query for Consultancy of Solar PV Power Plant
- Notification for M.Tech/MS Projects at GERMI
- GERMI Project Fellow Scheme »
- GERMI has initiated various schemes for scientists and research fellows »
• Dr. Sagarkumar M. Agravat, Senior Scientist at GERMI and Head of Solar R&D Projects, successfully received design registration for his innovation "Smart Pressure Cooker" vide registration no. 268695 on 1st of August, 2015 from Controller General of Patent, Designs and Trade Marks, Government of India.
The new pressure cooker developed by Dr. Agravat, helps energy efficient cooking and thereby minimizing LPG consumption. The test results confirmed around 40% savings of LPG while compared with energy consumption by normal pressure cooker for cooking same amount of food stuff.
Smart controller helps reducing energy loss and thereby when implemented with smart controller, it can further reduce LPG consumption by 20% reducing overall LPG consumption by a massive 60%.
As per financial estimates drawn by the innovator of the smart pressure cooker, Dr. Sagarkumar M. Agravat, the product shall cost additional INR 2000 compared to a normal 5 liter pressure cooker. Assuming only 40% of saving on LPG, LPG cylinder price at INR 900 and consumption of 6 cylinders of LPG a year, the product offers attractive savings of INR 2000, thereby offering return in one year time.
Note: Donation for carry forward the product for commercial production are invited. Under IT Clause No. 35,1 (2), 175% reduction in tax liability is available.
• GERMI Wins the JSW and Times of India powered Earth Care Award 2015 – Best Innovation for Climate Protection
• GERMI in URJASETU
• GERMI to train youth for rooftop solar installation.
• Training of Trainers scheduled under National Certification Programme for Rooftop Solar Photovoltaic Installer.
• Training Course on AIR QUALITY MODELING & PREDICTION
• Gujarat farmers to be roped in to tap solar energy
• Solar PV Operation & Maintenance Workshop - 7-11 Sep., 2015
• Notification for M.Tech/MS Projects at GERMI
• Solar Power Professional Workshop Application 27 July -1 August 2015
• New Innovations by GERMI, Gujarat - Solar APP is released to all free of cost by GERMI
GERMI has released information on an innovation that is directly useful to the Energy Industry. It is a Solar App that can be used by anybody on his mobile phone to know the Solar energy generation potential of India. This initiative is rightly in line with the digital India week initiated by our honourable Prime Minister Sri Narendra bhai Modi. This is developed by Mr.Jaymin Gajjar and Prof. Harinarayana. This is now freely made available to all...... through play.google.com using the following link... https://play.google.com/store/search?q=germi.reseach.solarpotential&c=apps
• Hon'ble Dy.Speaker of AP visited GERMI, Gujarat
Hon'ble Dy. Speaker of Andhra Pradesh State Assembly Sri Mandali Buddha Prasad garu has visited Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute (GERMI) at Gandhinagar, Gujarat and inspected the facilities, solar power plant and reviewed the R&D and consultancy projects being carried out by the institute in Gujarat and also outside at different states of India.
He appreciated the various projects being executed in Petroleum Research wing, Solar Research Wing and Environment and Energy Efficiency Research Wing. He particularly impressed on the projects being carried out by the environment wing on waste management. He requested that such projects can be taken up at village level and requested to GERMI to initiate such projects for the villages. He wish that such projects can be taken up in various villages of Andhra Pradesh by GERMI.
Prof. Harinarayana, Director of GERMI informed that he is planning waste management project with Kakinada Municipal Corporation and surely formulate a project suitable to villages of Andhra Pradesh. GERMI has already intiated it's branch at Guntur in the Acharya Nagarjuna University campus. It is working closely with Vijayawada Municipal Corporation to make Vijayawada as a solar city.
The Dy.Speaker thanked GERMI for the hospitality shown during his visit. He also had a discussion meeting with the principal secretary of Climate Change Department, Gujarat Sri D.Kishore Rao IAS to work towards betterment of villages under Swatcha Bharat being promoted by Narendra Modi Government. http://www.newindianexpress.com/states/andhra_pradesh/Gujarat-Energy-Institute-to-Set-Up-Branch-at-ANU/2015/06/28/article2890232.ece
• A review of Emergence Canal Top PV Plants as an Effective Tool to take a Quantum Leap towards Achieving Second Green Revolution
• Sunny Office Solution - Energy Next
• GERMI has received a certificate of design registration No. 266563 from Government of India Patent office for it's innovation in designing a product for THERMAL COOLING DEVICE FOR PORTABLE ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENTS. The product does n't require any energy but makes any product kep in it's surface will make the product to cool naturally. Although it has been prepared for the laptops and other devices, it has many more applications to cool a location in a natural way without using any energy....
• New way to grow solar power - The Hindu Business Line
• Hosting Of Solar Impulse 2 At Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Internationalairport, Ahmedabad
• GERMI signs MoU at Gandhinagar, Gujarat with HPGCL to provide advisory services
• SWACHH BHARAT ABHIYAN "TOTAL WASTE MANAGEMENT AT DOMESTIC LEVEL" - GERMI’S INITIATIVE
• Nature India Indian farmers could grow power, not just crops
• Hon’ble Union Minister Sri M. Venkaiah Naidu has Inaugurated Graduate School of Smart Cities Development at GTU, Gandhinagar
• Revised List of received applications Summer internship 2015
• GERMI – Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANU) Energy Research Centre – Media Coverage Two-layer Solar Panels to Save Space, Cut Cost
The New Indian Express: 17th march, 2015
• Notification And Instructions For Inviting Students For Summer Internship-2015 At Germi
• GERMI-ANU Energy Research Centre inauguration invitation
• Post-Doctoral Fellowship Award from UIC - Dr. Sanjay Behura
GERMI would like to Congratulate Dr. Sanjay Behura, Scientist ‘B’ in Solar Energy Research Wing for receiving a Post-Doctoral Fellowship Award from University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), USA. He will continue his research work on ‘graphene and other 2D materials’ in the Department of Chemical Engineering at UIC starting mid November 2014.
• News Coverage on Union Power Minister Launches GERMI’s National Certification Programme for Solar Rooftop to develop 10,000 professionals
- The Hindu - 26th Jan 2015
- DNA 19 January 2015
- The Hindu Business Line – Jan 17
- The Hindu Business Line – Jan 18
- The Hindu Business Line – Jan 12
- Bio Solar
- Yahoo Gujarat News
- Solar Guidelines
- Solar International (A PV Management Magazine)
• GERMI's Solar Energy generation potential map of India is published and inaugurated by Sri Tarun Kapur, IAS, Joint Secretary, MNRE, Government of India during ICORE-2014 international event on 8th Dec.2014 at New Delhi...
The photo From the left Mr. Ajay Prakash Shrivastava ( President* SESI & Maharishi Solar Technology Pvt. Ltd ), Mr. Gerhard Fischbach, Germany, Shri. Tarun Kapoor, IAS, (Joint Secretary MNRE), Mr. Kyoji Kunitomo, Vice President, Technology Forum for the Future Asia (TeFFA) JAPAN, Mr. Rajinder K. Kaura (VP SESI & CMD Bergen Group.).