- GERMI is organizing its 10th Solar Power Professional Workshop - A Comprehensive Course in Solar Photovoltaic Design, Technology and Application from 8th to 13th September, 2014 at Bhubaneswar, Odisha »
- Recruitment for the Scientific and Technical Staff - 2014 »
- GERMI Project Fellow Scheme »
- E-course: Design of Wastewater Treatment Units »
- GERMI has initiated various schemes for scientists and research fellows »
Gujarat Energy Research & Management Institute (GERMI) is a centre of excellence in industry learning and has set up to develop human resource assets to cater to the petroleum and allied energy sectors, improve knowledge base of policy makers and technologists and provide a competitive edge to leaders to compete in the global arena.
GERMI promoted by Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (A Govt. of Gujarat Undertaking). GSPC is a fully integrated energy company having a presence in various operations like Exploration & Production, Transportation of Gas, and Power Generation, IT services. It is one of the fastest growing state owned companies and has excellent support from Gujarat Govt. as well as from Central Govt.
For a nation that was one of the first to discover oil and which in the last couple of decades has become the fastest growing discoverer of fossil energy resources, India is also on the threshold to become one of the largest global markets. The need for a resource centre was anticipated to keep pace with the fast developing and competitive energy industry, to pace the future and to continuously build requisite intellectual capital and human resource capital.
GERMI is registered as society and a trust under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 and the Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950. GERMI has already established a specialised technology & management institute focusing on the Oil & Gas Sector and is actively pursuing initiatives in the areas of research and alternative energy resources.