- Training of Trainers scheduled under National Certification Programme for Rooftop Solar Photovoltaic Installer. 08 Mar - 19 Mar 2016.
- Notification for Summer Internship Program-2016
- GERMI is organizing Comprehensive Technical Workshop on Fundamentals of Seismic Data Interpretation – Basics to Advanced from 15th to 20th February, 2016 at Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- E–Course: Design of Wastewater Treatment Units 26th Jan 2016.
- Query for Consultancy of Solar PV Power Plant
- Notification for M.Tech/MS Projects at GERMI
- GERMI Project Fellow Scheme »
- GERMI has initiated various schemes for scientists and research fellows »
The biggest challenge faced today is to meet India’s energy demand that is increasing at the annual rate of about 3.5 %. There is an urgent need to speedily explore hydrocarbon reserves, both onshore and offshore. Massive investments in infrastructure, education and new technologies will be required for this purpose. India is addressing this issue by increasing E & P activity in recent years and key discoveries are making oil majors take notice of the potential in prospective basins. In order to maintain the required level of exploration and production, substantial skills of human resource at various levels are required to bridge this growing demand - supply gap. Therefore, GERMI took a step forward to fulfil this gap by giving its full contribution.
GERMI established Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University at Gandhinagar to look after this opportunity and to fulfil the need of industry.
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University
GERMI established Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University by State Legislature Act i.e. PDPU Act vide Guj. Bill No.4 of 2007 dated 3rd April, 2007.
Dr. Mukesh Ambani
Chairman and Managing Director, Reliance Industries Ltd.
was the first President of the University and he agreed to continue the presidentship for a second term also. Prof. Arvind Kudchadker took over as the first Director General of the University.
The University is currently running six institutes under it - School of Petroleum Management (SPM), School of Petroleum Technology (SPT), School of Solar Energy (SSE), School of Nuclear Energy (SNE), School of Liberal Studies (SLS) and School of Technology (SoT).
UGC Recognition: The University has been established by the Act of the Gujarat Legislature, on 4th April 2007. Moreover, the Programme is well recognized by the Industry, in terms of relevance, quality and earnestness to cater to the futuristic need.
For more details please visit www.pdpu.ac.in